I’m a strong believer that it’s important to monitor what you put in and on your body. I like the idea of natural products, cutting out chemicals and keeping it simple. However, I’m not going to run out and start spending all of my money on the over-priced newest trending “organic” products.
There’s been a lot of hype about organic products lately, and all I have to say is that research is important. Do. Your. Research. There are many companies out there that have found a loophole, changed some wording on their labels and the products they are selling now are really no different nor better than the non-organic version. I have found that in most cases, anyway, though some organic or natural products definitely have added benefits. That’s why I make an effort to buy more produce, eat clean (avoid anything packaged like granola bars and such), and find a creative use for what’s in my kitchen.
This is by far the easiest recipe I’ve used, consisting of only 2 ingredients. I do this about once or twice a week. I have oily skin and I find that if I exfoliate too much, my skin actually increases its oil production and I just end up looking greasier. Not good.
So like I said, I do this about once a week, usually at night so that I can leave my skin be and not put anything on it after I’ve exfoliated and moisturized.
This leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft every time!
What you will need:
1 tbsp refined sugar
1/4 lemon (cut a lemon in 4 and grab a quarter!)
1 cotton face pad (I like the big round ones for this)
You can always switch up the sugar for raw sugar or even brown sugar, if you prefer. I personally use whatever is at my disposal. You can also use lemon juice, but I have tried it, and personally don’t find it to be as effective as the real deal.
1. Wash your face with hot water and soap. (Right now I’m loving the emu neem soap from Earth to Body). Don’t dry your face!
2. Squeeze the lemon onto your face pad and then rub the rest of the lemon onto your face, neck and chest areas.
3. Add the sugar to your face pad.
4. Rub the pad in circular motions all around your face, jawline, neck and any other areas you might want to exfoliate. This should take about 2 minutes.
5. Rinse with warm water, pat skin dry with a clean towel.
Voila! So fresh and so cleaaaaan!